Requirements & Procedure
In general, to be approved for Canadian immigration through the Express Entry system, an applicant must:
Meet the eligibility requirements for a Canadian immigration program that qualifies for Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Program
- Provincial Nominee Program PNP)*
File an online Express Entry profile with all of the relevant details
- Applicants must have English and/or French language evaluation scores less than two years old
- In many cases, a favorable Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) will be required
Enter the Express Entry pool of candidates (a score will be calculated on the Comprehensive Ranking System)
Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a Permanent Resident Visa to Canada based upon:
- Getting a genuine offer of qualifying employment in Canada or
- Receiving a provincial nomination for a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or
- Having one of the highest scores on the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System
Submit a complete Canadian visa application with the required documents and fee within 90 days
Meet all of the requirements for Canadian immigration (e.g., good health, good character, etc.)
Possess a valid passport or other travel document accepted by Canada for immigration purposes
Be granted a Permanent Resident Visa to Canada!
* In some cases, a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applicant can qualify for Express Entry to Canada.
One of the most significant benefits of the Express Entry Canadian immigration system for skilled foreign workers is relatively fast processing of applications for a Permanent Resident Visa to Canada. Another benefit to both skilled foreign workers and to Canada is that the candidates who are approved for Express Entry are in a strong position to have a successful Canadian immigration experience. Of course, there are many direct benefits of Express Entry to Canada, such as becoming a Canadian permanent resident; being able to live in Canada indefinitely; having the legal right to work in Canada and/or start a business; getting access to Canadian educational programs; receiving free healthcare; sponsoring family members for a Canadian visa; traveling from and to Canada; and living in one of the most beautiful, multicultural countries in the world. Finally, one of the most important and meaningful benefits of Express Entry to Canada and permanent residency is the option to apply for Canadian citizenship after meeting the criteria. To find out if you qualify for Express Entry to Canada, click here!
Apply now with Canadian Visa Professionals!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this webpage is not and should not be considered as expert or professional advice.